Home / FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Liability insurance?

Protection against claims that you have breached your legal liability by negligence, nuisance or trespass.

Insurance is a risk transfer mechanism, which intends to give protection against the unknown financial consequence of a claim. The Insurance available to BCGBA members includes the following:

  • Public & Products Liability - Accidental bodily injury to third parties and/or damage to third party property arising out of the insured activities.
  • Cross Liabilities (Member-to-Member) Protects members, should a claim be made by a fellow member.
  • Professional Indemnity – cover for negligent acts, errors or omissions in respect of a professional opinion, including injury following tuition, advice, coaching or instruction, against claims made during the period of insurance.
  • Abuse - Protection for damages awarded against the committee members for abuse or molestations, made during the period of insurance.
  • No protection will be provided to any party who actually commits, condones or ignores any abuse or molestation.
Who is covered by the insurance?

The insurance protects the British Crown Green Bowling Affiliate, including affiliated members for recognised activity in accordance with BCGBA guidelines.

What are the limits of indemnity?

You can select from the following limits of liability

  • £2,000,000
  • £5,000,000
  • £10,000,000

In all cases, abuse is subject to an inner limit of £500,000

Do we have cover if employees are injured?

No. Employers Liability insurance is not included.

Employers' Liability insurance is advisable if any of the following criteria apply to people you engage, whether in a paid or voluntary capacity:

  • You have the right to control where and when they work and how they do it
  • You supply most materials and equipment
  • You have a right to any profit your workers make although you may choose to share this with them through commission, performance pay or shares in the company. Similarly, you will be responsible for any losses
  • You deduct national insurance and income tax from the money you pay them
  • You require that person only to deliver the service and they cannot employ a substitute if they are unable to do the work
  • They are treated in the same way as other employees, for example if they do the same work under the same conditions as someone you employ.
What do I do if our club becomes aware of an incident?

You should immediately record all relevant information as defined in the incident recording guidelines.

If there are verbal or written allegations made against your club, you should contact Endsleigh immediately.

You should not admit liability in any circumstances or agree to pay for any damage caused as this may prejudice the position of Insurers and could invalidate a claim.

Please note that this is a Liability Policy where Insurers decide if negligence attaches to you. Therefore any payments you make to any third parties will not necessarily be reimbursed.

Do club members benefit from Personal Accident?

Personal Accident cover may be purchased in addition to liability cover.