Protection against claims that you have breached your legal liability by negligence, nuisance or trespass.
Insurance is a risk transfer mechanism, which intends to give protection against the unknown financial consequence of a claim. The Insurance available to BCGBA members includes the following:
- Public & Products Liability - Accidental bodily injury to third parties and/or damage to third party property arising out of the insured activities.
- Cross Liabilities (Member-to-Member) Protects members, should a claim be made by a fellow member.
- Professional Indemnity – cover for negligent acts, errors or omissions in respect of a professional opinion, including injury following tuition, advice, coaching or instruction, against claims made during the period of insurance.
- Abuse - Protection for damages awarded against the committee members for abuse or molestations, made during the period of insurance.
- No protection will be provided to any party who actually commits, condones or ignores any abuse or molestation.
The insurance protects the British Crown Green Bowling Affiliate, including affiliated members for recognised activity in accordance with BCGBA guidelines.
You can select from the following limits of liability
In all cases, abuse is subject to an inner limit of £500,000
Yes, Employers’ Liability insurance is included within the Combined Sports Liability policy at a limit of £10m.
You should immediately record all relevant information as defined in the incident recording guidelines.
If there are verbal or written allegations made against your club, you should contact Endsleigh immediately.
You should not admit liability in any circumstances or agree to pay for any damage caused as this may prejudice the position of Insurers and could invalidate a claim.
Please note that this is a Liability Policy where Insurers decide if negligence attaches to you. Therefore any payments you make to any third parties will not necessarily be reimbursed.
Personal Accident cover may be purchased in addition to liability cover.
Management of your policy is done via the Sportscover website. You can renew your policy by following this process:
- Click here
- Click ‘Renew here’
- Have the relevant BCGBA membership number to hand (all clubs, leagues and counties will need to provide the number to use the online system).
- The County Associations have provided BCGBA with lists of all primary affiliated clubs, leagues and associations within their county.
BCGBA have issued membership numbers to County Associations for all the clubs, leagues and associations that have been notified to them.
If you have not yet received your membership number, you should contact your County Secretary in the first instance or
the BCGBA National Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your membership number has been entered, double-check that the member details are correct before proceeding – especially your email address as this where your documents will be sent
The BCGBA have moved the renewal date to fall in line with their membership renewals and ensure the coverage period begins before any new season. Please contact the BCGBA if you require any further information.
Your renewal from 1 May 2022 is a short policy and you will be able to renew your policy for a full year effective from 1 January 2023.
If you haven’t received your documentation via email, please check your spam/junk folders. If you still can’t find the documents, please get in touch with Endsleigh by emailing email@example.com.
Certificates are only issued for employer’s liability insurance. If evidence of cover is required for public liability, the policy schedule can be used.
Payments can’t be made over the phone; all policies must be handled through the Sportscover website to allow the correct documentation to be issued.
Please check the reference you are using is correct. If you are a club, it will end CL.