Protection against claims that you have breached your legal liability by negligence, nuisance or trespass.
Insurance is a risk transfer mechanism, which intends to give protection against the unknown financial consequence of a claim. The Insurance available to BCGBA members includes the following:
- Public & Products Liability - Accidental bodily injury to third parties and/or damage to third party property arising out of the insured activities.
- Cross Liabilities (Member-to-Member) Protects members, should a claim be made by a fellow member.
- Professional Indemnity – cover for negligent acts, errors or omissions in respect of a professional opinion, including injury following tuition, advice, coaching or instruction, against claims made during the period of insurance.
- Abuse - Protection for damages awarded against the committee members for abuse or molestations, made during the period of insurance.
- No protection will be provided to any party who actually commits, condones or ignores any abuse or molestation.
The insurance protects the British Crown Green Bowling Affiliate, including affiliated members for recognised activity in accordance with BCGBA guidelines.
You can select from the following limits of liability
In all cases, abuse is subject to an inner limit of £500,000
Yes, Employers’ Liability insurance is included within the Combined Sports Liability policy at a limit of £10m.
You should immediately record all relevant information as defined in the incident recording guidelines.
If there are verbal or written allegations made against your club, you should contact Endsleigh immediately.
You should not admit liability in any circumstances or agree to pay for any damage caused as this may prejudice the position of Insurers and could invalidate a claim.
Please note that this is a Liability Policy where Insurers decide if negligence attaches to you. Therefore any payments you make to any third parties will not necessarily be reimbursed.
Personal Accident cover may be purchased in addition to liability cover.